How many times was you told as a kid “DON’T PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD??”
Well I’m here to say fuck all that, embrace your inner child, eat with your hands, cover your food in an abundance of sauce, and don’t eat your veggies if you don’t want to… mum’s not around after all.
As always, Mrs Shack has entertained my love of Batman by creating these shit hot Batman burgers which had our guests eyes popping out of their heads. A truly entertaining night had by all including a “who could do the best Batman theme tune competition”.
The skill all comes into the creation of the charcoal Brioche bun and you will of course probably need to invest in a Batman shaped cookie cutter if you want to entertain the American cheese Batman shape topping for the ultimate affect. Other than that what goes in them is your favourite burger profile. We kept it simple with a cheese combo, lettuce, tomato and threw in some Utah Fry Sauce to bring everything back to the Traeger Homeland.
What you need:
200ml warm water
50ml warm milk
2 tsp dried yeast
2 tbsp. caster sugar
75g unsalted butter
2 large eggs
475g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
50g activated charcoal powder
- Whisk the yeast, sugar, water and milk together in a bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer and dough hook to mix the flour, charcoal and butter until it looks like bread crumbs.
- On a low speed add the eggs and then slowly add the yeast mixture.
- bring up to a moderate speed for 8 – 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when needed.
- Cover the bowl and leave at room temperature until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface and roll into 6 massive or 12 smaller balls.
- Space evenly on a baking tray and cover for about another hour for a second prove.
- Bake on 180C for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool on a rack.
- Slice in half and fill with your burger fillings. Remember to check out DO YOU LIKE MY BUNS for top tips on preventing a soggy burger mess – you will see we have spread mayo on the bun to keep the bun crispy.